Stress and Mental Health: Links and Resources
- The Mental Health Foundation has a wealth of information including Working Well training for staff and managers, support services directories, and how to find a counsellor, find a doctor or mental health professional.
- Just inside the Christchurch White Pages, you can find telephone numbers for a range of groups to help with personal emergencies, counselling and advice and health.
- For staff, the University of Canterbury has an Employee Assistance Programme (intranet - staff only).
- For students, the Health Centre offers counselling services.
Other websites which may be useful are:
- http://www.headspace.org.nz/index.htm (depression, stress and anxiety, self harming, suicide, ADHD, psychosis, bipolar disorder, sex and sexuality, drugs and alcohol, eating problems, other stuff)
- www.depression.org.nz (Information on depression. There is a way through. Self-help info and strategies. Helping others)